Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tribute to my Childhood Hero



Looking back at my childhood, there were some images that were permanently imprinted in my memory and the picture of Late Rashidi Yekini, the former Super Eagles' striker who died on the 4th of May, 2012 was one of those "permanently" imprinted pictures.

 

Specifically the image above, i couldn’t and still can’t seem to get it off my mind...maybe it was because NTA was always showing it back then or i had a deep admiration for the late striker. 

 

I would like to choose the latter because even at an early age, i could 'feel" the energy and passion following through Rashidi's veins whenever i watched him on TV.

 

It's really sad he had to die a sudden and "unexplainable" death, he surely deserved better...my childhood hero deserved all the respect and tribute he merited playing for our Country.

 

All i can say now, is adieu my childhood hero and i will always treasure the joy and excitement i got from watching you back then.

 

Adieu My Football Hero.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always a pleasure hearing from YOU.

:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...