Monday, November 19, 2012

Gentle Wahala

Hello Dudes and Dudedets,

So something happened on Saturday that am itching to share and then get "your" opinions.

First of all, it was a great day because I saw two best friends get married (Julie Amafah and Alex Attah) and it was ohhh so lovely and fun-filled :).

While I was basking in this happiness and carrying out my "bridesmaid" duties, a young bloke walked up to me and the following conversation ensued:

"Excuse me, someone asked me to give this to you" the bloke said while pulling out a complimentary card from his pocket.

My first reaction was shock then it slowly ebbed to mild irritation, like really what happened to the "old fashion" way of guys walking up to girls and asking them out or at least delivering the "love letter" (infused with his best perfume...lol) himself?. Am not saying every guy does this but it is getting quite rampant especially in Abuja and I just wonder why???.

So back to the conversation...
"Hmmmmm...I will try not to be rude to you but can you go back to the person that sent you and give him back his complimentary card" I said as calmly as I could manage.

"Ahhhh..stop acting proud now and just collect the card, he even asked me to collect your number" the bloke insisted.

At this point it took all my strength to hold it in, I was so irritated...now am being proud for refusing to collect a guy's complimentary card delivered by a "messenger" and then to add to it all, am supposed to hand over my number and probably say; “please ask your Oga to call me ko"...smh.

"Bros, please go back to the person that sent you, if he wants to talk to me, he should come and meet me himself, end of story" I said and turned around before the bloke asks me to "frog jump" for refusing his "Oga's" request.

Luckily for his sake and my sake too, he went back to his master, but I have been wondering and can't help asking:

Is this the new trend of "toasting"? Is it a sign of authority and "big boyrism" for the "sender"? Abi, is the number of courageous guys especially in Abuja slowly dwindling?.

Please shed more light.

2 comments:

  1. Lol. Funny thing. Its clear that the dude is very shy. He was suppose to come to you,give u his card and then collect ur fone number. This type of 'toasting' is common in the north. And it all comes down to feeling inferior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dee, hmmmmm...that's another side of the coin. thanks for the feedback

    ReplyDelete

It is always a pleasure hearing from YOU.

:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...