Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lupe Fiasco

--> -->
Lupe Fiasco was forced off stage during an inaugural event in Washington DC, last night, after performing an anti-Obama rant.


The Chicago rapper was playing at The Hamilton, when he told the crowd that he did not vote for Barack Obama and went on to perform a 30-minute version of his song “Words I Never Said”.



The track features the lyrics: "Limbaugh is a racist, Glenn Beck is a racist, Gaza Strip was getting bombed, Obama didn't say shit. That's why I ain't vote for him, next one either. I'ma part of the problem, my problem is I'm peaceful and I believe in the people”. 

When Fiasco refused to move on to the next song, his microphone was cut and a security team removed him from the stage.

It's not the first time Fiasco has been known for his harsh criticism of Obama. During an interview with CBS News he described the President as the "biggest terrorist in the United States of America".

Although given that his criticism has been well-documented in the past, it does raise questions as to why Fiasco was booked for this event????.

The Anti-Obama attack aside, Lupe Fiasco’s song contains strong and matter-of-fact lyrics and has been one of my favorite songs for a while now.

These are my favorite lines:

Complain about the gloom, but when'd you pick a broom up?
Just listening to Pac ain't gon' make it stop
A rebel in your thoughts, ain't gon' make it halt
If you don't become an actor, you'll never be a factor

I think that all the silence is worse than all the violence
Fear is such a weak emotion, that's why I despise it
We scared of almost everything, afraid to even tell the truth
So scared of what you think of me, I'm scared of even telling you

Sometimes I'm like the only person I feel safe to tell it to
I'm locked inside a cell in me, I know that there's a jail in you
Consider this your bailing out, so take a breath, inhale a few
My screams is finally getting free, my thoughts is finally yelling through

#TimJonze #guardian.co.uk





-->

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always a pleasure hearing from YOU.

:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...