Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Against All Odds


"I was raped at the age of 9 "- Oprah Winfrey

"I didn't even complete my University education" - Bill Gates

"I was sexually, mentally, emotionally and verbally abused by my father as far back as I can remember until I left home at the age of eighteen" - Joyce Meyer


"I struggled academically throughout elementary school" - Dr Ben Carson

"I used to serve tea at a shop to support my football training" - Lionel Messi

"I used to sleep on the floor in friends' rooms, returning­ Coke bottles for food, money, and getting weekly free meals at a local temple" - Steve Jobs

"My teachers used to call me a failure" - Tony Blair

"I was in prison for 27 years"- Retired President Nelson Mandela

These are all notable people, who have forged new terrains in their fields and they all have one thing in common:

NEVER EVER GIVING UP!!!

Even though life was hard, they forged ahead and made something out of nothing.

So the next time you feel down trodden, remember the quotes above.

Be Inspired.

1 comment:

  1. I'm realy inspired.Since i found ur page,i have decided not to read all ur articles,motivational tips and so on.at once,i decided to do it dis way not because i cant dedicate a day to read all,but,i want to use ur page as my daily nugget.lol.i luv ur articles especialy "how to become relivant in a man's world"you are realy doing good,with people like you doing what you are doing,the likes of Chinua Achebe will be so pleased to sleep in peace.keep it up girl.

    ReplyDelete

It is always a pleasure hearing from YOU.

:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...