Thursday, January 16, 2014

Adapt, Migrate or Die



Life throws us curve balls sometimes and if you are someone who is averse to change and uncertainty, it can be extremely hard to cope.

So how do you deal with it?

Some months back I wrote about change :).

At that point I viewed change as a big scary monster that I would have to tackle despite my fears.

 
Months down the lane, I know one thing for sure; change is surely a big scary monster; it just rips that safe cosy rug from under your warm feet and leaves you out there trying to navigate foreign and sometimes less pleasant waters.

It is very scary especially if you are the type that likes things aligned in near perfect order or an impulsive planner.

And of course I am guilty of the charges above.
 
Not to rumble; I sha like to get all philosophical abi :).

Here is the point I am trying to make:

What do you do when life throws you curve balls?

From my time in change "prison", my solitary confinement has taught me that we have three options:


1) Adapt: learn to swim in the uncharted waves; just go with the tides and hopefully if you are lucky you may just get comfy in it some day.

2) Migrate: move on, embrace the lessons from your previous comfort zone and build a new nest.

3) Die: now slow down!!!! I am not asking you to commit suicide or anything remotely related to that, but do you know you can die mentally? You don't have to depart from this World to stop living. The moment you choose to hold on to unrealistic dreams and aspirations or choose to live in the past, you give up on living.

Time just ebbs away and before you know it, there is nothing left inside; just an empty void filled with hopelessness and sadness.

Now I am not a therapist neither do I claim to know it all or have it all figured out...lol.

Trust me, my life is a journey and each day I learn, some days I fall, some days I stay in the pit and other days I stand up, dust myself off and continue moving.

But what makes this journey bearable is the zeal to keep moving.

If I am to give an unsolicited advise; yels you didn't ask for it but I will still give it:

"No matter what kind of curve ball life is throwing at you right now, never ever pick the third option - to die"

It is the easiest option; just giving up and wallowing in self pity but it is also the most destructive.

Keep hope alive and keep trudging on.

Hold on to whatever supreme being (mine being God) you believe in and never let go.

The choice is yours at the end of the day though;

Will you adapt, migrate or die?

Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always a pleasure hearing from YOU.

:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...