Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Daily Manna

Hello World,

I recently developed a habit of reading remarkable quotes / write-ups from various people (renowned and anonymous) and then trying to relate them to my life or use them in certain aspects of my life.

So far, i have absolutely no regret "picking up this habit" and i thought it would be a good idea to share some online.

My fav write-ups appear daily in Vanguard Newspaper "Take Heart by Ella Randle", of course some don't make much sense to me at the moment but i always archive them, who knows when i would need some inspiration :).



Here are some excerpts from my "Daily Manna" (as i would like to call them) :




"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, and you will finally be able to move forward in life with grace, strength, courage, and confidence". - Og Mandigo.

"The most significant gifts are the ones most easily overlooked. Small, everyday blessings: Health, Music, Laughter, Memories, Books, Family, Friends, Second Chances, and all the footprints scattered throughout our days". - Sue Monk Kidd.

"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves" - James Matthew Barrie.

"Whenever people discredit you and tell you that you can't do something, keep in mind that they are speaking from within the boundaries of their own limitations" - Anonymous

This is a short story by Ella Randle that i also love:

In ancient Greece, Socrates was reputed to hold knowledge in high esteem. One day an acquaintance met the great philosopher and said: "Do you know what i just heard about your friend?".(Amebo...lol). "Hold on a minute", Socrates replied. Before telling me anything i’d like you to pass a little test called the Triple Filter Test....

The first filter is TRUTH. The second filter is GOODNESS and the third filter is USEFULNESS. Have you made sure what you are about to tell me is true?. Also, what you are about to tell me about my friend is something good? Socrates continued, will this information about my friend be useful to me?

"No, not really, the man replied. "if what you want to tell me is neither true nor good nor even useful, why tell it to me at all? Socrates concluded.

Lesson: imagine how peaceful this World would be if we all apply this simple "Triple Filter Test". :).

Have a lovely week.

Smile.


2 comments:

  1. keep up the good work. meeting you in person shows a person in print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice words of encouragement...Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

It is always a pleasure hearing from YOU.

:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...