Monday, July 9, 2012

Moments to Treasure (1)




On the first Sunday of July, I finally got to carry out the first phase of my "New Year Resolution" (visit an orphanage monthly)...it's six months overdue but I guess its better late than never.


Above are some of the beautiful faces I encountered during the course of my "visit". I couldn't get a lot of pictures because the children where more interested in playing than posing for a photo shoot :).


But it was a fulfilling and interesting time of my life, most especially it was PRICELESS being able to make these children who were "abandoned" by the people designated by God to look after them, smile.


I honestly can't explain the amount of joy and satisfaction I felt when I left the Orphanage and i eagerly look forward to another visit next month.


Food for Thought: 
Such acts of kindness cost very little and if some of us can save a small part of the money we splurge on drinks, food, clothes, cars e.t.c, we would have enough to spare in making a child out there feel wanted.


Think about it :).

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little, do something now" – Edmund Burke


Smile.




No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always a pleasure hearing from YOU.

:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...