Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Diary of a Young Naija Guy




A friend forwarded this "story" to me and I just think it makes so much sense, the suspense also makes it more intriguing.

So, it is time to "share" with my dear readers, enjoy :) : 

My name is Dayo. I am a typical Nigerian guy and I cherish my Fridays a lot; I get to hang out with the sickest guys every Friday night and secondly, it is another escape from my nagging and boring wife. I get confused sometimes on whether she is my mother or my wife. Don’t get it twisted; I love her to pieces. It just gets complicated; sometimes I even wish we never got married, marriage has turned her into something that doesn’t amuse me. I wish she was still the adventurous, charming, high spirited lady I dated for five years.

A lot of people say its unethical for married guys to be found in a club, but I wish everyone won’t be too quick to judge and understand that people look for fun to run away from their problems; they just want to breathe, like me.

I forgot to say that I work in new generation Bank in Lekki, I love my job and my job loves me, maybe it's because I am a senior banking officer :).

Well, this particular morning, a Lady breezed into my Office. My heart raced faster because I had not sighted anything this beautiful in a long while. She wasn’t the typical slender Barbie, in fact, she was a bit chubby but her smile and cuteness took my breath away and I just "tripped" instantly.

“Hi Good morning! Your ATM has swallowed my card!” She laughed, unlike a typical customer that would ram you.

I just tried to form Boss laughter…

“Good morning, You know what? I’d personally make sure they get it out for you, but not today. Can you wait till Monday?” I smiled.

“Banks shaaa! OK, can I just drop my number so you could call me up or just text when its ready so I don’t come twice? Please? My name is Nancy” She blinked her eyes in a funny way.

“Sure” I smiled.

We exchanged numbers. What a lucky Friday!

So it was 11:00pm and I headed to the club and as usual my friends were chilling for me. My wife had called a couple of times, I just ignored it, She knows I’m never home Friday nights...


Watch out for Part 2
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always a pleasure hearing from YOU.

:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...