Friday, August 17, 2012

Diary of a Young Naija Guy (Part 2)


and the Story continues :).

Look at you! I heard someone say. I raised my head and it was the ATM lady - Nancy.

Wow, look at you too! I was surprised to see her but I was happy I didnt have to wait till Monday to see her again.

Happy Friday! She screamed because of the noise, Wanna dance?

I didnt even have the chance to answer, she had already pulled me to dance floor. I really suck at dancing but she helped me; she was a great dancer! I had fun! At some point we decided to go to a private area and we talked about a lot of things; ranging from work, business to personal life. I tried to hide my ring as much as possible, I certainly didnt want this to end now.

You are a really wonderful lady. You are so interesting, any guy would want to be with you all day I said.

I wasnt always like this but I have learnt the hard way that life is just too short to be sad. she replied.

Then her phone rang

Hey baby! Yeah Im at the private lounge, Id like you to meet someone, alright boo she talked excitedly as usual.

I was in shock until this tall Handsome Man walks up to her and kisses her.

You are late. Meet Dayo; I met him this morning, he is helping with my ATM that I told you got swallowed and Dayo this is my B to the O-O, she laughed Meet my husband Kolade, we only come here to dance every fortnight Friday; away from work, stress and kids.

Wow, a pleasure I managed to shake him.

Then she stood now excitedly holding her husbands arms.

Why dont we invite Dayo for Mimis 16th birthday tomorrow? Her husband said.

They have kids too? How long have they been married and they look like a couple just dating!

Silly me, please come for my second daughters 16th tomorrow. It would be an honor She brought out an I.V from her purse. I began to feel so ashamed of myself, this was another guy like me, getting it right with one woman.

I collected the I.V and promised to be there.

See you tomorrow! Have you had something to eat Kolade? she talked and dragged her husband along.

They left and I kept staring at the thin air like I had seen a ghost. They come just to dance together every fortnight Fridays? Why didnt I think of that! Temi loves to dance, she also likes long walks, she loves to talk, she loves jazz music; there is this vivid picture I have of me putting her hand on my chest when we danced at a jazz club on our first year anniversary. I found myself typing all the things I knew Temi loved to do on my Ipad and I realized I had denied her of all. I had made her the old woman she acts like.

What the hell was I doing here! I didnt even tell my friends goodbye, I walked out of the club into my car. Temis call came through and I picked at the first ring.

Temi? My heart raced.

I know you are not coming home…”

I am, stay up so we can gist. Been a while I decided to do everything on that list and to even add many more for the rest of my lifetime with her.

Are you alright? She was shocked, I suppose.

And Id like us to go for a birthday party tomorrow. I want you to meet this amazing couple

You sound different Dayo

Maybe Im different

Dont say it! dont say it! when you come we will gist very well she laughed.

She laughed!!! In just that laughter that I hadnt heard in a while, she sounded like the lady I married six years ago

The End :).
 

4 comments:

It is always a pleasure hearing from YOU.

:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...