Day Two (2)
We are here again.
This time I get in without so much drama *big smile*.
Now the Swimming Coach wants us to learn how to move/paddle in the water without holding onto anything.
Well, Adon did it and I was extremely impressed and a tiny bit discouraged since we both started out as "learners" together.
But I guess to each his own and besides her courage inspired me to try harder.
List of activities successfully carried out on Day Two:
1) Learnt how to paddle with my legs better than yesterday; if I keep this up, I can become an expert paddler...hehehehehe.
2) Stayed under water holding my breath without panicking...yayyyyyy.
3) Can hop in the pool (that is; using my hands to paddle while jumping/walking on my feet).
What I couldn't do *wailing*:
1) Let go off the base, edges or stairs completely.
2) Push forward with my feet and float for a while before using my hands to paddle (for some crazy reason, I just feel I will choke or something weird will happen if I let go).
The fear is killing me *wailing some more*.
Almost gave up but Adon dished out some motivational pep talk and I got hopping and paddling again.
I really enjoyed moving around the shallow end of the pool after I stopped being too hard on myself.
Baby steps Semira, baby steps; I repeatedly kept saying.
Of course I wish I could just conquer my fears like Jackie Chan (or any of those Asian Actors that jump off Cliffs without breaking a nail) and dive in, but reality is usually different from fantasy.
Once again, tomorrow is another day.
Question: How did you deal with a mind numbing fear?